Victorians who’ve been working from home must continue to achieve this for at least another 30 days, under a new directive in the state’ s chief wellness officer.

Victorians who have been working from home must keep do so for at least an additional month, as part of efforts to avoid a second wave of COVID-19 .  

Through Monday, the obligation pertaining to employers to keep their personnel working from home will be included in the Key Health Officer’ s instructions.    

Businesses will be subject to place checks and could face fees of up to $9913 if they push staff back to the office.  

“ Only to avoid any doubt all of us wanted to have the message because clear and as sharp as you possibly can: if you have been working from home you must maintain working from home, ” Premier Daniel Andrews told reporters upon Friday.  

The directive will be in position until at least until the finish of June and is as opposed to advice in other states, in which a staged return to workplaces is placed to begin from June one

“ In case everyone tries to get back to workplace blocks and end their own working from home arrangements we’ lmost all simply have too many people within close contact that will distribute the virus, ” Andrews stated.

“ Which will cause enormous challenges and may potentially lead to a second influx. That’ s what we’ re trying to avoid. ”

Chief Wellness Officer Brett Sutton stated the directive will apply at hundreds of thousands of people and will assist to avoid congestion in places of work, lower foot traffic and minimize the number of people on open public transport.

“ It’ s a really effective additional measure that can lower transmission of this virus, ” Professor Sutton said.  

About fifteen percent of the state’ t public transport capacity might be used safely while sustaining social distancing. The current price is about 18 percent.  

It comes because Keilor Downs Secondary University, in Melbourne’ s southwest, was closed for cleansing after a student tested good to COVID-19.

“ The student has been probably infectious on-site to the 26th of this month plus was notified yesterday, ” Professor Sutton said, observing the student is  of a family cluster announced upon Thursday.

He or she said there is no evidence of a hyperlink between the student and an employee who also tested beneficial last Friday, as the teacher acquired no exposure to the school web site.

A St Albans Secondary College student plus six students at Swift Lakes Secondary College have already been identified as close contacts from the infected student, who went to a VET class whilst infected.

All those students, as well as 78 some other known contacts, will get into a 14-day self-isolation however schools have not closed.

Professor Sutton stated a mobile testing web site will be established in Keilor Downs at the Keilor Neighborhood Hub on Old Calder Highway.  

“ This student provides acquired it from a wider family group, but just how that family group obtained it is under investigation, ” he said.

“ It might indicate there are some low levels of tranny in or around Keilor Downs. ”  

There was seven new cases documented in Victoria on Fri,   bringing the state’ t total to 1634.  

Three had been discovered through routine screening, two were people within hotel quarantine after coming back from overseas and 2 are still under investigation.

One previous situation was removed  from the tally because of a data issue.  

About seventy cases remain active.  

Simply by Benita Kolovos